Pasiflora




These pictures are from an afternoon we spent at Mercado de Sonora, a huge market especially well known for its herbal medicine and occult items.
So obviously i loved it.
I remember telling my friends that i liked going to busy places like this one with him, cause he'd always hold my hand and be very protective.
Now i'm thinking he was literally just dragging me through all these places, so he could go see his other girlfriend faster. Or, "go skating", as he'd call it.
I used to think skateboarding was his day job, but now i'm thinking that the day job was me.
"I'll take stupid Flora sightseeing real quick, so i can go spend time with the person i actually like".
Oh, hindsight, you're such a bitch.

Anyway, the market was great!
I loved the busyness, the smells, the flowers and herbs, the cheap souvenirs, the black magic props.
And much to my own surprise, i didn't cry even cry once while walking through the quite horrific animal market, something i almost certainly would have done a year ago, proving that i really have toughened up a lot.
I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, but it's a necessary thing.

I bough a small santeria bag, that may or may not be cursing my entire existence right now, and a religious painting for myself, and a little wooden toy truck for my nephew.
And i totally ate the shit out of those fried bananas with jam and condensed milk.

Mexico City...
I'm gonna be sad when i eventually run out of pictures to post, cause even with everything that happened, i don't think i'll ever get tired of looking at this magical place.







Labels: , , , , ,